Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to all you special mothers and soon-to-be mothers!

Some time has past since my last entry so let me give an update.

Linken:
Linken is 31 weeks old (7 months). He weights 16lbs and is growing and developing like a weed! This week he has learned to sit up on his own and roll over. All the poor guy needed was a little extra food. Thank you Liza for your "special mix" because Linken is now able to have a full tummy. He is so much stronger and is filling out. (posting new pics soon)

Troy:
Troy currently has a full-time job that uses both his degree and bi-lingual skills. We are so blessed for him to have a full-time job in this economy. Troy is also in the hiring process with The United States Homeland Security. He has been given a conditional job offer pending a background check, physical exam and fitness test. He will recieve an official offer once he has passed those requirements (within a month or two, hopefully) and head off to the academy for 2.5 months then they will station him somewhere on the southern border. Once a location is established and housing is found, Linken and I will join him in our new home.

Me:
I have finally worked off all the baby weight! Huge success for me. However, my clothes still do not fit like they did before being prego so I still have a lot of work to do... But for now I can celebrate. I spend my days with Linken and am looking for hobbies during my down time. I just finished reading the Twilght saga and enjoyed every minute of each book. I am lucky to have a supportive husband who puts Linken to bed for me twice a week so I can lap swim with my old high school BFF. She also has kids, one boy (12 months) and one girl (3 yr), and they join Linken and I at the pool on Saturdays and visit with during the week. Linken and I also still go to Baby Storytime each week. I have kept to my vegan, organic, no refined sugar lifestyle and am feeling great. I am truly blessed to have a wonderful husband, beautiful son and am the happiest I've ever been in my life.

6 comments:

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

Wow, it sounds like things are going great. I hope that you guys get stationed in San Diego! We would be so close! Congrats on losing the baby weight! Vegan is the only way to go, I still eat chicken and fish sometimes, but no refined sugar. There is a place in Portland called Saint Cupcakes that has vegan cupcakes!

Lindsey said...

I'm so glad I now know what your blog address is. I hope you had a wonderful mother's day!

Troy, Tami, Linken and Pierson said...

Em,
Super excited about Saint Cupcakes!! Thanks for the info. I need to get online and look around for some yummy vegan restaurants here too.

Trevor and Lauren said...

Congrats on the baby weight! Woohoo! We miss having you guys around! Good luck to Troy on the job!

Unknown said...

Oh how blessed... Things always have a way of working out. So will it mean less rain and closer for us to visit?

Liza Jane said...

Congrats on losing the weight! I struggling to get rid of my baby belly - I still have no ab muscles! That's great about Troy's job; I'm excited to hear where you guys end up. So glad Linken's gaining weight - make sure he's hydrated (Davis is having a problem with that now).